RVTTC membership consists of the affiliated Canadian veterinary technician associations British Columbia Veterinary Technologist Association (BCVTA), Alberta Veterinary Technologists Association (ABVTA), Saskatchewan Association of Veterinary Technologists (SAVT), Manitoba Veterinary Technologists Association (MVTA), Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) and the Eastern Veterinary Technicians Association (EVTA). Professional RVT membership to any one of these associations includes registration to the RVTTC.
As of December 31, 2016 the RVTTC membership included 7397 registered RVT’s within its affiliated member associations. What a TEAM!!
HOW DO I BECOME A RVTTC MEMBER?
If you are a RVT and you are a member of one of the provincial veterinary technician/technologist associations — OAVT, EVTA, MVTA, ABVTA, SAVT, or BCVTA — then you are already a RVTTC member as your provincial association has paid for your membership.
NOT A MEMBER OF YOUR PROVINCIAL RVT ASSOCIATION?
We encourage you to become one! Provincial RVT associations, along with the RVTTC, work on advancing, protecting and promoting the RVT profession; improving the lives of the patients we care for and the communities they live in.
If you are a veterinary technician/technologist and are interested in becoming a member, please contact your provincial RVT association for details to become a member.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
RVTTC is tasked with promoting the veterinary technologist profession, establishing and maintaining national standards of membership, and becoming a resource regarding national and international issues. Membership to RVTTC (via your provincial association) is a commitment to your professionalism. The RVTTC provides members with a voice and direct contact to issues relating to the RVT profession nationally and internationally facilitating positive change for RVTs across Canada.
Benefits to RVT’s in Canada:
- Unified professional recognition across Canada
- Direct contribution to the education of future RVT’s through the accreditation of AHT/VT programs across Canada, representation and connection to credential process of U.S. VT/AHT program and contribute to the preparation of the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE)
- National and international communication and collaboration with affiliated Canadian provincial AHT/VT associations, networking relationship with National Association of Veterinary Technicians and a core member of the International Veterinary Nurses and Technicians Association (IVNTA)
- National RVT representation on animal welfare committees
- Affiliate relationship with Canadian Veterinary Medical Association to promote veterinary team relations, RVT associations and veterinary associations working toget
- her to improve the animal health care team
- Annual National Veterinary Technician campaign promoting RVT profession and provide resources for public education
- National RVT career advertisements
National RVT member benefits program includes:
- Continuing education portal with national and international sources for professional’s development of RVT’s in a variety of topics
- National group health, disability, life insurance program